- End of May 2012, Teacher iPads were turned in to be reformatted over the summer.
- New improved cases arrived and were put on the iPads as they were cleaned and setup for year 2. The cases we purchases were Gumdrop Cases. I contacted the company because we were ordering 200 at one time and received a discount. If you would like their contact information please email me. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- June 2012, Changed from using iPhone Configuration and iTunes to using Apple Configurator. This change over took way longer than I expected. I did not have all carts up by the beginning of school.
- There was great debate about how to switch over to Apple Configurator. Should I use one macbook for all 7 carts or one per cart or a combination. It was decided to use one macbook for all 7 carts. I would not recommend this. My recommendation would be to do one macbook per cart or 1 to 3 ration. Not 1 to 7. My reason for this is when I work on the carts, I can only work on one cart at a time. When working on the carts if I could do an assembly line and work on say 3 carts at a time, that would be wonderful.
- Summer school used 2 carts in Science
- August 2012 - Teachers iPads were updated to using apple configurator and only paid apps were loaded for them. Any free app or apps they paid for were done with the layered approach and their own Apple ID and handed back to teachers
- All teachers received an iPad to use for instructional purposes. Training followed with this.
- The 7 iPad carts can be checked out by any class. The procedure has changed, instead of going through a specific teacher this now goes through me. I will explain our reasoning for this in another post.
- iOS 6 was released Sept. 19, 2012 so I started updating the student and teacher iPads. This is a big game changer for how we can use the iPads. Look for posts specific to iOS 6 to come soon.
- Training continues on the devices
I am a wife, mother, and tech geek. I have my masters in Technology Instruction and Integration. I have taught and worked with technology for over 2 decades. I currently work as a Instructional Technology Specialist at Wichita Public Schools in the Magnet office. I present at conferences, and SimpleK12 along with consulting. Contact me for your technology needs at email@example.com.