- Our iPads had not been engraved, we did not fill the paperwork out correctly, and I am not sure if 10 packs at that time could be engraved. So the Title One office worked with one of our high schools that had the needed equipment to get our iPads engraved.
- Oct 11, 2011 - 7 Bredford carts, 200 iPad 2 16GB, and 2 Macbooks showed up in my classroom. I wish I would have taken a picture of this… The iPads all arrived with iOS 4. iOS 5 was released Oct 12, 2011.
- Deployed 30 iPads to staff with iOS 4. Decided to update their devices later. We used the layered approach. I loaded all apps that I planned on loading on the student devices. (Which was a mistake, because now I needed to update free and paid apps for the teachers, Later we changed to an approach were I only load paid apps for the teachers)
- Over the next week several USD259 staff stopped by to help me update 200 iPads from iOS 4 to iOS 5
- Oct 18, 2011 – several USD259 staff helped me try and set-up our carts using iTunes and iPhone Configuration – We did not get one cart of 30 iPads done that day. We ran into several challenges. Just knowing how to use iTunes with multiple devices and so on
- Teachers turned in iPads for updates of apps and iOS system
- Over the next month we worked together to get one cart at a time going. It took till the end of January to get all 7 carts up and running. Carts were deployed to Social Studies, Science and Exploratory classes. Three teachers were assigned per cart and teachers worked with each other to use the carts. This was not as successful as we expected.
- Training's happened throughout the year. This included staff development that I provided along with a training day from apple.
- Summer school started June 2012
I am a wife, mother, and tech geek. I have my masters in Technology Instruction and Integration. I have taught and worked with technology for over 2 decades. I currently work as a Instructional Technology Specialist at Wichita Public Schools in the Magnet office. I present at conferences, and SimpleK12 along with consulting. Contact me for your technology needs at email@example.com.